Need geotechnical information on foundation conditions? Have a building that is settling? If so we offer site visits and geotechnical consulting.
Selling Land/business? Before you list carry out an environmental assessment. A contaminant in the ground for 50 years can still cost a lot of money.
Buying Land/Business? Before you sign on the dotted line you should know the possible extent of contaminants.
Are slopes on your sites creeping quickly or slowly covering important infrastructure as ice melts?
Want to explore the impact of climate change on footings or utilities?
Considering another source for heat or electricity generation for remote site?
Are you foundations heaving and settling with season?
If so, call us.
Want to explore passenger comfort or movements of cargo.
Consider Acceleration and PPV testing.
And yes. From the testing one can determine 6 positional derivatives
Velocity, Acceleration, Jerk, Snap, Crackle, and Pop (yes really for the last 4).
Seismic Site Class
We have tools to measure seismic site class from field derive shear wave velocities.
Have a storm water issue?
Need to know the approximate thermal profile below your site?
Modern modeling tools can help.
Want to improve a poorly performing leased site with high vandalism and crime?
CPTED can assist. And with implementation of CPTED options property values can rise and land use improved.
Have a site where construction is underway?
Want to measure settlements of buildings near roads?
Want to know ongoing water levels on a site?
Want to measure temperatures at a site.
Our tools for monitoring include OSMOS strain elements, PPV, movement monitors, thermistors, and piezometers. Our John Westergreen has implemented numerous instrumentation systems in his capacity of construction and monitoring of electrical and other systems, including on ships, for water works, power supplies (diesel, water).
Ship Instrumentation Retrofit
Our Principal John Westergreen worked on the OM Ships International vessel, LOGOS HOPE, to build the alarm system for the renovated mission ship.
o Designed the 31 fuel and water tank sensor system for data information and controls in the ship.
o Designed a ship fiber optic system for PLC control, IT network, video security and IP video.
o Designed instrumentation interfaces between older analog systems to digital or IP based.
o Wrote the basic engine alarm PLC system software in Siemens S7
o Programmed the Electronic touch screen for the Bridge, Engine and Control Rooms .
o Worked with design spec for fire alarm system spec to pc interface for monitoring.
o Added PLC control for the ship electrical panels, gensets and control network.
o Expanded Engine PLC Alarms system to a Ship Alarm system.
o Assisted in network standard for future ship expansion and interface .
o Taught a marine Engineer class for Ship Automation in Denmark for new marine engineers.
Our principal John Westergreen has worked on multiple aircraft types out of Yellowknife.
He and his team were responsible for completing safety and related repairs on aircraft including:
Hercules (the work horse of payloads),
DC3 (a legendary aircraft),
Twin Otters (another legendary aircraft of the north), and
many private aircraft
Our principal John Westergreen worked in the electrical supply industry of NWT/NU for many years. Work includes:
· SCADA standards developed in Rae Lakes which became the standard for every diesel plant into NWT.
· Worked with design team in 1987 for a SCADA upgrade for NCPC Control Center.
· Upgraded SCADA RTU’s in five hydro plants.
· Design and installed SCADA RTU’s with wiring for new hydro plants for NWT Power.
· Upgrade SCADA RTU’s in four 34.5 KV and 115 KV substations.
· Design and install RTU’s in substations which had no remote monitor and control.
· Design and installed Transfer Trip High line Protection system in digital and on fiber
· Design and installed the PLC for diesel plant automation in live running plants.
· Design and installed Radio system Motorola in both North and South Slave grids
· Design and install Telephones/ protective systems in Hydro plants, and offices
· Design Digital microwave system-Bluefish Hydro for SCADA, IT, Phones, IP Cameras
· Installed into service first IP over high voltage lines in North & South Slave areas.·
John Worked on various health and safety committees and issues